Please note that the surgery is closed from 12.00 pm. on the 3rd Thursday of each month for Protected Learning Time
The surgery phone lines will be closed daily from 12.00-12.30pm Our main reception area will remain open every day from 8.30-5.30pm. Please see 'training' section for details of the days we're closed for staff training.
If you have a problem that will not wait for a routine appointment, please tell the receptionist.
Triage runs daily from 8:30-11:30
The receptionist may need to ask the reason for the appointment, this is so they can book the right type of appointment for you. We have lots of different clinics at the surgery and we want to help you receive the right care.
For the protection of Patients and our Staff all "Telephone" calls are recorded. Please DO NOT use the CALLBACK service offered by B.T. as this is not compatible with our telephone system.
When checking in for your appointment we have a self check in facility on our reception desk. This is a quick easy way to check in for your appointment.
IF YOU CANNOT KEEP AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE LET US KNOW
- An appointment system is in operation and have spaces every day for those who need to be seen urgently.
- Each routine appointment is for 10 minutes unless otherwise specified. If you feel you require a double appointment please ask at time of booking.
- You may choose which doctor you prefer to see, which does not have to be the doctor you are registered with. If you have seen one doctor with a problem it is usually better to follow it up with them.
- In an emergency your details will be assessed by a doctor and you will be seen as soon as is necessary. We aim to achieve the Government target of patients being seen by a health care professional within 48 hours.
- We will send a text reminder for your appointments, please ensure your mobile No. is current and up to date. This is a NON-REPLY service, if you have any queries or questions please contact the surgery directly.
In return we ask you to…
- Request appointments before 10:00am if you wish to be seen the same day.
- Cancel appointments you cannot keep as early as possible so that the time can be made available to someone else.
- Request emergency or urgent appointments only when absolutely necessary.
- Observe the ‘one patient, one appointment’ rule and not to compromise the Doctor by asking him to treat other family members at the same time.
Register to book appointments online.
If you would like to set up your online access so you can book appointments and order repeat medication please click on the links at the bottom of top of the screen or go to Online Services
We now have lots more appointments available online including appointments for the Well woman clinic & Hypertension clinics.