We are making some changes to our appointment system
In order to protect our patients and staff during these uncertain times, we ask that you only attend the surgery if a member of our team has organised an appointment for you.
All appointments with our GPs will initially be telephone or video consultations. There are routine and same day telephone appointments available depending on the urgency of your problem. Please tell the receptionist if you have a problem that will not wait for a routine appointment. Having assessed your problem with you over the telephone, should you require a face to face appointment, your clinician will be able to arrange an appropriate appointment for you at the surgery.
We would like to thank you for your co-operation.
Telephone Consultation Policy
If you miss your scheduled call from a clinician, they will try your number once more. These calls will be made at least ten minutes apart to ensure you have time to make yourself available. (Depending on the reason for your telephone appointment, the GP may make a clinicial decision to attempt to contact you a further time). If your phone has a voicemail facility, the GP will leave you a message. If you miss both of your telephone calls, you will be asked to re-arrange your telephone appointment.
For the protection of Patients and our Staff all "Telephone" calls are recorded. Please DO NOT use the CALLBACK service offered by B.T. as this is not compatible with our telephone system.
Checking in for your appointment
When checking in for your appointment we have a self check in facility on our reception desk. This is a quick easy way to check in for your appointment.
IF YOU CANNOT KEEP AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE LET US KNOW ON 01207 593580 BY LEAVING A CLEAR MESSAGE
(please include your name, date of birth and time and date of your appointment).
- An appointment system is in operation and spaces are available every day for those who need to be seen urgently.
- Each routine appointment is for 10 minutes unless otherwise specified. If you feel you require a double appointment please ask at time of booking.
- You may choose which doctor you prefer to see, which does not have to be the doctor you are registered with. If you have seen one doctor with a problem it is usually better to follow it up with them.
- In an emergency your details will be assessed by a doctor and you will be seen as soon as is necessary. We aim to achieve the Government target of patients being seen by a health care professional within 48 hours.
- We will send a text reminder for your appointments, please ensure your mobile No. is current and up to date. This is a NON-REPLY service, if you have any queries or questions please contact the surgery directly.
In return we ask you to…
- Request appointments before 10:00am if you wish for a same day consultation
- Cancel appointments you cannot keep as early as possible so that the time can be made available to someone else (includes telephone appointments)
- Request emergency or urgent appointments only when absolutely necessary.
- Observe the ‘one patient, one appointment’ rule and not to compromise the Doctor by asking him to treat other family members at the same time (includes telephone appointments)