Non-urgent advice: Coronavirus update
We are open our normal hours, and we continue to see patients face to face so once a member of our team has reviewed your query we will ensure you get the right care with the right person in the right timeframe. Find out more about how you can make best use of our services.
Please continue to wear a mask when visiting us in person to protect vulnerable patients.
It is not too late to book your flu vaccine!
It’s not too late to book in for your flu vaccine!! Call the surgery on 01207 583400 to arrange your … Read more
World Antimicrobial Resistance Awareness Week
Most common infections don’t get better any quicker with antibiotics. In many cases, your immune system will do a better … Read more
Has your 2/3 year old had their flu vaccine yet?! Walk in clinic at Consett Leisure Centre carpark this Saturday 18th November 10am- 2-pm
A walk in flu clinic for 2-3 year old’s is being held this Saturday 18th November at Consett Leisure Centre … Read more
Out of hours and emergencies
Out of hours
When the practice is closed please use NHS 111 for non-emergency problems. It’s fast, easy, and free.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones, and most mobile providers don’t include NHS websites in your data use.
If you have a serious injury or life-threatening problem then please call 999 or go to you nearest emergency department (University Hospital North Durham). Examples of when to call 999 include chest pain, severe breathlessness, stroke symptoms, reduced consciousness, or heavy bleeding.
Help us to help you
- If you are already under the care of a specialist and have a query related to that issue, please contact your specialist first using the contact details on your clinic or appointment letters.
- Consider looking at our self-help options or seeking advice directly from a pharmacist, optician, physiotherapist, or mental health team for help with minor illnesses and problems. We have links to useful resources and local services.
- When you contact us our team will ask you a little about the issue you require help with. This ensures we can assess how urgent your problem is and ensure you receive the right care from the right person.
- If you develop Covid19 or symptoms please inform us before you attend in person.
- We are unable to help with minor injuries or dental problems, please use NHS 111 online or call 111 who can assist.
Monday to Friday 8.30am until 5.30pm
Our phone lines close 12-1pm but a message with an urgent number is provided if you need to contact us during this time.
On the third Thursday of each month we close in the afternoon for staff training, during this time a message will direct you to NHS 111.
Consett Medical Centre
Station Road, Consett, Co Durham DH8 5YA